Friday, April 05, 2013

Haytham Al-Manna` in Washington, DC

From a source:  "On a side note, I'm sorry I never got back to you about meeting with Haytham Manna. I did take copious notes, but I've been too busy to write you anything as of yet. But you may be happy to know that he didn't really say anything in a private setting with a small group of activists that he hasn't said in public. He, in fact, referred to the United States as "the enemy," even though he and his co-delegates had had talks at the State Department earlier that day...An additional note: when I asked him how the meeting at the State Dep went, he told me didn't want to get into specific details so as to not spoil any relationship they may have to have in the future. He then said that one way to answer my question was in the form of a song by Lena Chamamyan, which he started to sing; the song repeats the word "ta3ban" a lot."